Broward County BOLD GOAL
Broward County, Florida is working to become one of the healthiest cities in America. We know that health happens locally, which is why Humana is working with nonprofit organizations, business and government leaders as well as physician and clinician partners to help solve some of Broward County’s toughest barriers to health. Together, we are making health easier one person and one community at a time. Join us!
Putting the focus on local health issues.
- Behavioral health
Barriers to health
Overcoming roadblocks that prevent good health.
- Food Insecurity
- Social Isolation/Loneliness
- Health Literacy
- Cultural Competency
- Access to Care
- Community Collaboration
- Education of Community Resources
Broward County’s Health Advisory Board
A Bold Team For A Bold Goal
Working in partnership with local businesses, nonprofits, educators and government organizations, Humana is committed to the ever-evolving effort of dramatically reducing the number of Unhealthy Days and making Broward County a healthier community. There’s always room for more partners — after all, we’re in this together. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today.
- Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of Broward County
- American Ambulance
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Parkinson Disease Association - Broward
- Ann Storck Center
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Broward County
- Broward County Government
- Broward County Public Schools
- Broward Health
- Broward Healthy Start Coalition
- Broward Partnership
- Broward Regional Health Planning Council (BRHPC)
- Broward Sheriff's Office
- Brown & Brown
- City of Lauderdale Lakes
- County Health Rankings and Roadmaps
- Deliver Lean
- Faison Group
- Feeding South Florida
- Florida Department of Health - Broward County
- Florida International University
- Gelin Benefits Group
- Gilda's Club
- Goodman Jewish Family Services of Broward County
- Health Foundation of South Florida
- Health Practice Management
- Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition of Broward County
- Henderson Behavioral Health
- Hispanic Unity of Florida
- Holy Cross Hospital
- HOPE Outreach Center
- Impact Broward
- Junior Achievement
- Keiser University
- Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
- Life Net 4 Families
- Light of the World Clinic
- Lighthouse of Broward County, Inc.
- March of Dimes
- Meals on Wheels South Florida
- Med-Care Diabetic and Medical Supplies
- Memorial Health System/Memorial Foundation
- Mental Health Association of Southeast Florida
- Nonprofit Executive Alliance of Broward
- Nova Southeastern University
- Novo Nordisk Inc.
- Premier MHS
- Rahul Free Clinic
- Red Tree Health, LLC
- Riverland Medical Center
- RMA Medical Group of Florida
- South Florida Symphony
- Tivity Health
- United Way of Broward
- University of Florida
- Urban League of Broward County
- YMCA of South Florida
- 211 Broward
Broward County Pilots, Programs and Interventions
Food Insecurity Randomized Control Trial (RCT)
A twelve-month RCT trial in partnership with Feeding South Florida and Continucare Medical Centers, part of Conviva Care Solutions, designed to prove that addressing food insecurity positively impacts health and clinical metrics.
Diabetes Self- Management
A three month program that uses telephonic coaching to reduce uncontrolled A1c values in Humana Medicare members. Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) set goals with participants and incorporate Healthy Days, food insecurity and loneliness screenings into their coaching sessions.
“Know Your Numbers” education campaign
The Education of Community Resources committee launched a campaign to educate the community on topics such as diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol linking readers with safety net resources in their neighborhood to receive care.
“Did You Know” education campaign
The Nutrition committee promoted educational content around how the community can make better food choices and strengthened ties with the Nutrition and Fitness Taskforce.
Doc in the Neighborhood
The Community Collaboration committee held several ‘Doc in the Neighborhood’ events. Physicians interacted with Broward residents at local restaurants, which allowed for informal conversations to take place around diabetes and high blood pressure.
Care in Your Community
The access committee participated in several community events bringing valuable health screenings and resources to residents and attendees.
Bold Goal Partnerships
Through community and physician partnerships on pilots and programs we are working together to create more Healthy Days and improve community-wide health...
Addressing food insecurity
Humana, physicians and Feeding America are working together to make some Broward County residents less food...