20% Healthier By 2020
Kansas City is working to become one of the healthiest cities in America. We know that health happens locally, which is why Humana is working with community, physician and clinician partners to help solve some of Kansas City’s toughest barriers to health. Together, we are making health easier one person and one community at a time. Join us!
Putting the focus on local health issues.
- Behavioral Health
Barriers to health
Overcoming roadblocks that prevent good health.
- Access to Behavioral Health Services
- Healthy Lifestyle Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Behavioral Health
- Healthy Behaviors & Nutrition
- Community Resources
- Elder hunger
Connecting people with care and community resources to get healthy and stay healthy. Improving health with a network of goods, services and essential resources.
Greater Kansas CityHealth Advisory Board
A Bold Team For A Bold Goal
Working in partnership with local businesses, nonprofits, educators and government organizations, Humana is committed to the ever-evolving effort of dramatically reducing the number of Unhealthy Days and making Greater Kansas City a healthier community. There’s always room for more partners — after all, we’re in this together. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today.
- After The Harvest
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Clay County Area On Aging
- Clay County Health Department
- Clay/Platte Falls Coalition
- Community Health Council Of Wyandotte County
- Cultivate Kansas City
- DPP Roundtable
- Dotte Agency
- El Centro
- Health Partnership Clinic
- Independence Health Department
- Jackson County Health Department
- Johnson County Health Department
- Junior Achievement
- K-State Olathe
- KCK USD 500
- KCMO Health Department
- KS Department Health/environment
- Kansans For Better Health
- Kansas Academy Of Family Physicians
- Kansas Association For The Medically Underserved
- Kansas Foundation For Medical Care
- Kansas Public Health Association
- KC Care
- KU Medical Center
- Landon Center On Aging
- Mid-America Regional Council
- MO Dept. Health Senior Services
- Missouri Regional Arthritis
- Nourish KC
- Oral Health Kansas
- Partners In Primary Care (PIPC)
- Platte Area On Aging
- Riverview Health
- Veterans Of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Veterans Community Project
- Vibrant Health
- Wyandotte Co Health Department
- Wyandotte Health Foundation
- YMCA Of Greater Kansas City
Kansas City Pilots, Programs and Interventions
Diabetes (DPP) Roundtable
Diabetes prevention programming and resources using a physician-referral process for patients.
Mobile Market Food Insecurity Program
A mobile grocery store that brings fresh, healthy food to neighborhoods in need.
Veteran Health and Wellness
A program that addresses chronic disease management, food insecurity and social isolation in our veteran population.
Community Based Programming Support
Programs to address chronic disease self-management and falls prevention through education by community partners and physician offices while expanding the network of classes in the Kansas City metro area.