20% Healthier By 2020
San Antonio is working to become one of the healthiest cities in America. We know that health happens locally, which is why Humana is working with community, physician and clinician partners to help solve some of San Antonio’s toughest barriers to health. Together, we are making health easier one person and one community at a time. Join us!
Putting the focus on local health issues.
- Behavioral Health
Barriers to health
Overcoming roadblocks that prevent good health.
- Access to Behavioral Health Services
- Healthy Lifestyle Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Behavioral Health
- Healthy Behaviors & Nutrition
- Community Resources
- Elder hunger
Connecting people with care and community resources to get healthy and stay healthy. Improving health with a network of goods, services and essential resources.
Greater San AntonioHealth Advisory Board
A Bold Team For A Bold Goal
Working in partnership with local businesses, nonprofits, educators and government organizations, Humana is committed to the ever-evolving effort of dramatically reducing the number of Unhealthy Days and making Greater San Antonio a healthier community. There’s always room for more partners — after all, we’re in this together. Contact email@example.com today.
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- Bexar County Medical Society
- City of San Antonio EMS
- City of Schertz EMS
- Clarity Child Guidance Center
- Daughters of Charity Services
- Diabetes America
- Diagnostics Research Group
- ESD & Associates
- Goldsbury Foundation
- Health Access San Antonio (HASA)
- Mayor’s Fitness Council
- MTS Technologies
- Novo Nordisk
- SA 2020
- San Antonio Economic Development
- San Antonio Fire Department (SAFD)
- San Antonio Food Bank
- San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- University of The Incarnate Word
- San Antonio Metropolitan Health District
- San Antonio Parks and Recreation
- San Antonio Sports
- Southwest Texas Regional Advisory Council (STRAC)
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Diabetes Institute
- Trinity University
- University Health System
- Witte Museum
- LOOP of San Antonio
- Healthways/Silver Sneakers
- Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, CHEF Program
San Antonio Pilots, Programs and Interventions
Diabetes Resources Guide
Created by a partnership with the Diabetes committee, this website offers free and low-cost diabetes resources and information to the community.
Community Resource Directory
Community members have access to community health resources available on the FitCitySA website.
Conviva Care Solutions (formerly MCCI) / San Antonio Food Bank partnership
At four Conviva locations, patients have access to a monthly distribution of food from the local food bank.
Path to Wellness
A partnership to address diabetes, nutrition and health literacy through Conviva (formerly MCCI) clinics and includes consultation with an H-E-B Registered Dietitian (a covered Humana MA benefit) and lifestyle education with the YMCA of Greater San Antonio.
San Antonio Diabetes Resources Guide
Humana has a Bold Goal to help make health easier in the communities it serves. One way we do that is through community partnerships and pilot initiatives that address issues like diabetes.
Improving Physical Fitness
San Antonio, Texas is knocking down barriers to good health. One way is by making effective, proactive alternatives to...