20% Healthier By 2020
Knoxville, Tennessee is working to become one of the healthiest cities in America. We know that health happens locally, which is why Humana is working with community, physician and clinician partners to help solve some of Knoxville’s toughest barriers to health. Together, we are making health easier one person and one community at a time. Join us!
Putting the focus on local health issues.
- Behavioral health
- Congestive Heart Failure
Barriers to health
Overcoming roadblocks that prevent good health.
- Nutritional Literacy
- Financial Tradeoff
- Access to Behavioral Health Providers
- Awareness of Resources
Connecting people with care and community resources to get healthy and stay healthy. Improving health with a network of goods, services and essential resources.
[page_title]’s Health Advisory Board
A Bold Team For A Bold Goal
Working in partnership with local businesses, nonprofits, educators and government organizations, Humana is committed to the ever-evolving effort of dramatically reducing the number of Unhealthy Days and making Knoxville a healthier community. There’s always room for more partners — after all, we’re in this together. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today.
- A Step Ahead Foundation
- Alliance for Better Nonprofits
- Alliance House Community of Knoxville
- American Diabetes Association
- Belew Drugs
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee
- Blount Discount Pharmacy
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley
- Knox County Office on Aging
- Catapult Venture
- Covenant Health
- Compassion Coalition
- disABILITY Resource Center
- East Tennessee Area Agency on Aging and Disability
- East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- East Tennessee Human Resource Agency (ETHRA)
- East Tennessee PBS
- East Tennessee Quality Growth
- Family Physicians West
- Farragut ENT & Allergy
- Fit Foods
- Great Smoky Mountains Institute At Tremont
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park Service
- Healthcare 21 Business Coalition
- Hope 80/20
- Integrative Medicine Specialists LLC
- Interfaith Health Clinic
- Knox County Community Action Committee
- Knox County Health Department
- Knox County Schools
- Knoxville Area Project Access
- Knoxville Area Urban League
- Knoxville Leadership Foundation
- Knoxville Police Department
- Lincoln Memorial University
- Mac’s Pharmacy
- Metro Drug Coalition
- Novo Nordisk Inc.
- NuSirt Biopharma
- Pain Consultants of East Tennessee
- People Empowering People Project
- Premier Surgical
- Quest Diagnostics
- Remote Area Medical
- Second Harvest of East Tennessee
- Sertoma Center, Inc.
- Southeastern Retina Associates
- State of Franklin Healthcare Associates
- Summit Medical Group
- Summit Strategic Solutions
- Tivity Health
- University Medical Group
- United Way of Greater Knoxville
- University of Tennessee
- University Physicians’ Association
- University of Tennessee College of Nursing
- UT Extension
- Welch Allyn
- Well Being Conference Center
- YMCA of East Tennessee
[page_title]’s Pilots, Programs and Interventions
The Nutrition committee coordinated cooking demonstrations focused on nutrition education in multiple locations with faith-based organizations, the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley, and senior living centers.
A guided role-play experience where nurses and faculty walked in the shoes of someone living in poverty. The exercise helps participants understand the health barriers and choices of low-income individuals.
Mobile Health Program
A mobile health program brought medical care and education to community members.
Through community and physician partnerships on pilots and programs, we are working together to create more Healthy Days and improve community-wide health in Knoxville.
Addressing nutrition literacy
Humana’s Bold Goal is to improve the health of the community by 20 percent by the year 2020. Part of our partnership with…