Our 2020 Goal
New Orleans, Louisiana is ready to become one of the healthiest cities in America. By 2020, we plan to move from a baseline of 11.4 Unhealthy Days to 9.1, by improving mental and physical health by 20 percent. We know that health happens locally, which is why we are working with community, physician and clinician partners to help solve some of New Orleans’ toughest barriers to health – like access to mental and behavioral health providers, food insecurity, nutrition literacy and physical inactivity. Let’s make health easier in New Orleans, together.
Conditions, barriers and solutions
Get involved in New Orleans
Greater New Orleans’ Health Advisory Board
A Bold Team For A Bold Goal
Working in partnership with local businesses, nonprofits, educators and government organizations, Humana is committed to the ever-evolving effort of dramatically reducing the number of Unhealthy Days and making Greater New Orleans a healthier community. There’s always room for more partners — after all, we’re in this together. Contact email@example.com today.
- 504 HealthNet
- AAAneurysm Outreach
- Access Health Louisiana
- Ambulatory Pharmacy Services
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceutical
- Baptist Community Ministries
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceutical
- Cancer Association of Greater New Orleans
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
- CarePoint Partners
- CATCH Global Foundation
- Diabetes Management & Supplies
- Dillard University
- East Jefferson General Hospital
- Eat Fit NOLA
- Egan Healthcare Services
- Giving Hope
- Healing Hearts for Community Development
- High Level Hearing Technology
- Jefferson Council on Aging
- Louisiana Cancer Prevention
- Louisiana Center for Nursing
- Louisiana Healthy Communities Coalition
- Louisiana Public Health Institute
- Louisiana State University Health Services
- Mental Health America of Louisiana
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI)
- New Orleans Business Alliance
- New Orleans East Hospital
- New Orleans Health Department / Fit NOLA
- Novo Nordisk
- Ochsner Health Systems
- Office of Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D.
- ReNEW Schaumburg Elementary School
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Rouse’s Markets
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Smoking Cessation Trust
- Tabary Quality Healthcare Consulting
- Tivity Health
- Top Box Foods
- Treux North Wellness
- Tulane University
PILOTS AND INITIATIVES:
The Physical Activity pilot aims to tackle diabetes and physical inactivity. In partnership with JenCare, we engage physicians and clinicians to prescribe patients exercise. Patients work with a care manager and a Provider Organized Delivery System Registered Nurse who access available exercise benefits and assist in coordinating exercise at Silver Sneaker locations.
The Third Party Influencer pilot tracks medication adherence and disease management for chronic conditions like diabetes. In partnership with Humana Pharmacy, we tested patients who receive reminders from a trusted third party or a combination of third parties are more adherent than patients who do not receive reminders. The third parties in this pilot are a trusted spokesperson, a Primary Care Physician (JenCare) and a Humana Pharmacy Pharmacist, using a combination of voice activation technology and written message reminders.
Quartet focuses on behavioral health provider shortages. In partnership with Humana Behavioral Health, Quartet capabilities enable behavioral health care in medical settings for Medicare patients.
The Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) pilot detects early warning signs in CHF patients before hospitalization. In partnership with JenCare, we use a provider and consumer-friendly experience, leveraging easy-to-use technology. We analyze data in real/near real-time to enable same-day patient outreach. This process is facilitated by a nurse during physician appointments. By enabling physicians to address patient needs early, they can detect early warning signs before hospitalization.