20% Healthier By 2020
Baton Rouge is working to become one of the healthiest cities in America. We know that health happens locally, which is why Humana is working with community, physician and clinician partners to help solve some of Baton Rouge’s toughest barriers to health. Together, we are making health easier one person and one community at a time. Join us!
Putting the focus on local health issues.
- Behavioral Health
Barriers to health
Overcoming roadblocks that prevent good health.
- Access to Behavioral Health Services
- Healthy Lifestyle Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Behavioral Health
- Healthy Behaviors & Nutrition
- Community Resources
- Elder hunger
Connecting people with care and community resources to get healthy and stay healthy. Improving health with a network of goods, services and essential resources.
Greater Baton RougeHealth Advisory Board
A Bold Team For A Bold Goal
Working in partnership with local businesses, nonprofits, educators and government organizations, Humana is committed to the ever-evolving effort of dramatically reducing the number of Unhealthy Days and making Greater Baton Rouge a healthier community. There’s always room for more partners — after all, we’re in this together. Contact email@example.com today.
- AAAneurysm Outreach
- American Cancer Society
- ARCH Connections
- Baton Rouge Clinic
- Baton Rouge Health District
- BOCO Medical
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge Area Foundation
- CarePoint Partners
- Capital Area Agency on Aging
- Capital Area Human Services District
- Capital Area United Way
- Center for Planning Excellence
- Christus Health System
- Department of Health and Hospitals
- Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System
- Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank
- Healthy BR/Mayor’s Office
- Health Leaders Network
- Lake After Hours
- Louisiana Health Care Quality Forum
- Louisiana Primary Care Association
- Louisiana State University Health System
- Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novo Nordisk
- Ochsner Health Systems
- Office of Public Health
- Open Healthcare Clinic
- Our Lady of the Lake Hospital
- Pennington Biomedical Research Center
- Plantation Management Company
- Premier Health Urgent Care
- Smoking Cessation Trust
- Tivity Health
- Volunteer Health Corps
- Well Ahead LA
- WRKF Radio
- YMCA of the Capital Area
Baton Rouge Pilots, Programs and Interventions
Clinical-Led Obesity Education and Screening
The Community-Clinical committee is working to assist physician practices in treating obesity. By asking the simple question “Are you comfortable with your weight,” a physician can open the dialogue about obesity, which can lead to addressing ways to reduce weight and improve clinical outcomes.
The Education and Community Resources committee is working with HealthyBR and its digital platform to improve health education for seniors.
Physical Fitness and Healthy Eating
Working with area Federally Qualified Health Centers, the Access to Care committee is focused on improving access to exercise and healthy foods.