20% Healthier By 2020
New Orleans is working to become one of the healthiest cities in America. We know that health happens locally, which is why Humana is working with community, physician and clinician partners to help solve some of New Orleans’ toughest barriers to health. Together, we are making health easier one person and one community at a time. Join us!
Putting the focus on local health issues.
- Behavioral Health
Barriers to health
Overcoming roadblocks that prevent good health.
- Access to Behavioral Health Services
- Healthy Lifestyle Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Behavioral Health
- Healthy Behaviors & Nutrition
- Community Resources
- Elder hunger
Connecting people with care and community resources to get healthy and stay healthy. Improving health with a network of goods, services and essential resources.
Greater New OrleansHealth Advisory Board
A Bold Team For A Bold Goal
Working in partnership with local businesses, nonprofits, educators and government organizations, Humana is committed to the ever-evolving effort of dramatically reducing the number of Unhealthy Days and making Greater New Orleans a healthier community. There’s always room for more partners — after all, we’re in this together. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today.
- 504 HealthNet
- AAAneurysm Outreach
- Access Health Louisiana
- Ambulatory Pharmacy Services
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceutical
- Baptist Community Ministries
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceutical
- Cancer Association of Greater New Orleans
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
- CarePoint Partners
- CATCH Global Foundation
- Diabetes Management & Supplies
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Dillard University
- East Jefferson General Hospital
- Eat Fit NOLA
- Egan Healthcare Services
- Giving Hope
- Healing Hearts for Community Development
- High Level Hearing Technology
- Jefferson Council on Aging
- Louisiana Cancer Prevention
- Louisiana Center for Nursing
- Louisiana Healthy Communities Coalition
- Louisiana Public Health Institute
- Louisiana State University Health Services
- Mental Health America of Louisiana
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI)
- New Orleans Business Alliance
- New Orleans East Hospital
- New Orleans Health Department / Fit NOLA
- Novo Nordisk
- Ochsner Health Systems
- Office of Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D.
- ReNEW Schaumburg Elementary School
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Rouse’s Markets
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Smoking Cessation Trust
- Tabary Quality Healthcare Consulting
- Tivity Health
- Top Box Foods
- Treux North Wellness
- Tulane University
New Orleans Pilots, Programs and Interventions
In collaboration with ‘Your Nutrition Delivered’ and ‘EatFit,’ the Healthy Eating committee developed a pilot program aimed at addressing diabetes in working-age adults by offering healthier food options in a corporate environment.
The Health Literacy committee is working to improve health literacy across New Orleans using Humana’s Health Literacy Tool Kit designed for community distribution.
Aunt Bertha is a website being used by the Community Resources committee to provide information about free and reduced-cost resources to the people of New Orleans.