20% Healthier By 2020
Tampa Bay is working to become one of the healthiest cities in America. We know that health happens locally, which is why Humana is working with community, physician and clinician partners to help solve some of Tampa Bay’s toughest barriers to health. Together, we are making health easier one person and one community at a time. Join us!
Putting the focus on local health issues.
- Behavioral Health
Barriers to health
Overcoming roadblocks that prevent good health.
- Access to Behavioral Health Services
- Healthy Lifestyle Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Behavioral Health
- Healthy Behaviors & Nutrition
- Community Resources
- Elder hunger
Connecting people with care and community resources to get healthy and stay healthy. Improving health with a network of goods, services and essential resources.
Greater Tampa BayHealth Advisory Board
A Bold Team For A Bold Goal
Working in partnership with local businesses, nonprofits, educators and government organizations, Humana is committed to the ever-evolving effort of dramatically reducing the number of Unhealthy Days and making Greater Tampa Bay a healthier community. There’s always room for more partners — after all, we’re in this together. Contact email@example.com today.
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Allegany Franciscan Ministries
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Baycare Health Systems
- Centre for Women
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance of Tampa Bay
- Feeding Tampa Bay
- Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough County
- Florida Department of Health in Pasco County
- Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County
- Florida Hospital Carrollwood
- HART – Pasco
- HCA Largo Medical Center
- Healthy St. Petersburg
- Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Hillsborough County Department of Aging Services
- JSA Healthcare
- Meals on Wheels of Tampa
- MehraVista Health
- Metropolitan Ministries
- Moffitt Cancer Center
- Neighborly Care Network
- Pinellas County Urban League
- Pinellas Hematology & Oncology, PA
- Prevent Blindness – Florida Affiliate
- SEER Analytics
- Senior Connection Center
- Suncoast Health Council
- Tampa Bay Healthcare Collaborative
- Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger, Inc.
- Tampa General Hospital
- Tampa Housing Authority
- Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA
- UF/Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences Extension Hillsborough County
- UF/Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences Extension Pinellas County
- United Way Suncoast
- USF Health
- USF College of Arts and Sciences
- Vincent House
- YMCA of St. Petersburg
- YMCA of the Suncoast
- YMCA of Tampa
Tampa Bay Pilots, Programs and Interventions
In 2017, the Tampa Bay Bold Goal Health Collaborative convened over 50 faith-based organizations and leaders to discuss behavioral health issues impacting the community.
Hunger Action Alliance
A study with the University of South Florida and Feeding America is working to address loneliness, social isolation and food insecurity in older adults and understand their correlation to health and each other.
A three month program that uses telephonic coaching to reduce uncontrolled A1c values in Humana Medicare members. Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) set goals with participants and incorporate Healthy Days, food insecurity and loneliness screenings into their coaching sessions.